Who am I, and Who are We Together?
In Search of Multiple Identities
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To be used as a space to share new learning, innovative ideas, thoughts and reflections that stem from experiences during the Gear UP Summer Inquiry and Design Institute. We invite each Inquiry Thread to share highlights of the learning day, as well as post observations, questions, concerns and implications for classroom practice.
To be used as a space to share new learning, innovative ideas, thoughts and reflections that stem from experiences during the Gear UP Summer Inquiry and Design Institute. We invite each Inquiry Thread to share highlights of the learning day, as well as post observations, questions, concerns and implications for classroom practice.
"Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand."
3 comments:
Inquiry Reflection Day 1 are comments from the participants.
Today's session was "...entertaining, interesting, and introspective.... The session challenged thoughts on how I was raised, my values, and who I am today."
This session was "...just the tip of an iceberg, just the beginning to a journey."
"We may have to go way back...[the journey] involves finding a past that was lost."
"How has where/who I come from impacted how I influence my students (especially immigrant students)?"
"Empathy and affection for other members of group."
"Want more ideas about how to engage students in asking who they are and including that question as their ongoing assessment of self."
"Home is in the teachers' classroom, for students are more themselves at home. The classroom is a common ground for students/teachers where everyone can be more of themselves than in other settings."
I enjoyed the entire day at this workshop. It was filled with a cornucopia of ideas on community, self assessment, and outward assessment.
I jsut posted something good and I do not see it.
Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Keanu
Post a Comment