Thursday, May 31, 2007

What Makes an American?

Uncovering the True Story of Immigration in America








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two Things we learned, 1 Thing we want help with

-Learning can be fun and engaging.
-immigration is a topic that can be approached from different angles.

I need help on creating good questions that deal directly with my current curriculum.

Irma

I learned about lots of culture. There are so many immigrants. There are so many different cultures and history.

anonymous


I learned why immigrants came to America. The population grows more and more everyday.

anonymous

I learned a lot about immigration! This inquiry thread has been great. I would like a list of the resource books available in the back of the room.

anonymous


I have learned a lot today. Today got me started now I want to learn more about immigration policies, timeline, and cultural differences related to immigration.

Hamida Tariq

I learned some great community building activities.

I learned more questions to ask about immigration.

More help on working on the unit or lesson plan. Websites to go to?

anonymous

Categories of immigration issues with good specifics to guide student inquiry.

General information on completeing a Project.

Need titles of each station topic.

Marianne

I am learning a lot to use inquiry. This group is more than great.

anonymous

Very informational Inquiry session.

Learned the benefits of community building and ways to begin creating it in own class.

Bring in someone to speak about immigration, like an immigrant/agen/coyote

anonymous

Great start for who is an American and the immigration questions facing the USA. Excellent frontloading and activities to build inquiry.

I need access to the internet to research. There are many questions I want to research.

We could also have a group recorder? use the computer to keep notes on what is being shared.

Let's surf the net together and report our findings!

anonymous


I learned there is a need for a space for us to get current/unbiased information and a space to talk about it.

I learned there is still a great deal I still need to know.

anonymous

Vega said...

Tuesday-

I especially enjoyed the activity we did today in our thread. I plan on using it with the textbook that tends to be difficult for my students and with articles we read. It is also a great way to have students get over the notion they have that they cannot write poetry. I also enjoyed learning pre reading strategies that I can take back and use in my classroom. I hate planning and I am starting to think I might learn to like it after this week.

- Irma